- Depending on the region of the country, construction cost per square foot for a new manufactured home averages from 10 to 35 percent less than a comparable site-built home.
- Independent appraisal studies confirm that manufactured homes can appreciate in value the same as other forms of housing.
Built for Quality:
- All aspects of the construction process are controlled.
- The weather does not interfere with construction and cause delays.
- All technicians, craftsmen and assemblers work as a team and are professionally supervised.
- Inventory is better controlled and materials are protected from theft and weather-related damage.
- All construction materials, as well as interior finishes and appliances, are purchased in volume for additional savings.
- Cost of interim construction financing is significantly reduced or eliminated.
- All aspects of construction are continually inspected.
- Floor plans are available that range from basic to elaborate, with vaulted or tray ceilings, fully-equipped kitchens, walk-in closets, and bathrooms with recessed tubs and whirlpools.
- A variety of exterior siding is available, including metallic, vinyl, wood, or hardboard. In some cases, homebuyer can also opt for stucco exteriors.
- Homes have pitched roofs with shingles and gabled ends.
- Design features such as bay windows are available.
- Awnings, patio covers, decks, site-built garages and permanent foundations are available as upgrades.
- The home can be customized to meet the needs of the consumer.
- The building materials in today’s manufactured home are the same as those used in site-built homes.
- The homes are engineered for wind safety and energy efficiency based on the geographic region where they are sold.
- Manufactured homes may be one of the safest housing choices available today because of federal laws requiring smoke detectors, escape windows, and limited combustible materials around furnaces, water heaters and kitchen ranges.
- Properly installed homes can withstand 120-130 mph 3-second gust winds in areas prone to hurricanes